We are responsible for the health and wellbeing of all participants, volunteers and event workers, as well as their families and our community and therefore we are committed to making sure our event is 100% COVID safe.
All Checkpoints will have sanitizing stations available
Social Distancing will be observed by all participants and staff.
No crowds at start and finish line – staggered start times.
All staff, volunteers and contractors will practise good hand
hygiene, wear masks and regularly disinfect common surfaces.
Following State and Federal Health Orders and Guidelines we have developed the following safety precautions to ensure Sydney Harbour Hike is COVID-safe:
- Established a comprehensive COVID-19 Safety plan, based on public health orders and approved by the relevant federal, state, and local health authorities.
- Engaged qualified COVID-19 Safety Marshals during the event to ensure our COVID-19 Safety Plan is followed.
- No crowds at start and finish line – staggered start times.
- All Checkpoints will have hand sanitising stations and all participants will be encouraged to practice physical distancing and good hand hygiene along the route
- All staff, volunteers and contractors will have their temperature checked on arrival and everyone will be briefed to practise good hand hygiene, wear masks and regularly disinfect common surfaces at all Checkpoints as well as Start and Finish!
- All participants, staff, volunteers and contractors will have to sign-in with the NSW COVID-Safe app.
- We will constantly monitor NSW Health Regulations in the lead up to Sydney Harbour Hike and if necessary modify our event to comply.